What's the difference between a slimline and a tournament shape yo-yo? It's not mentioned on the shapes page. --Wilfred (talk|contribs) 06:21, 7 May 2006 (PDT)

  • Tournament is effectively the shape of the Duncan Imperial and can be even fatter. In the 1930'2-1970's this was a well known term. (We started calling them Imperials based on Duncan marketing.) Slimline has the same shape, but is thinner, more or less like the Russells from the 1970's, i.e. the first ones without the buldge shape. --Jaco 07:24, 7 May 2006 (PDT)
    • Can you provide examples for the Shapes page? --Wilfred (talk|contribs) 09:35, 7 May 2006 (PDT)
      • The only samples I have is from Lucky's book. He does a great job of showing the differences. Scanning will kill copyright and I'm actually a lousy artist :) The buldge shape is like the Russell Professional. However, I can search for photos of the different shapes, Lucky documents a couple of really crazy ones. --Jaco 09:41, 7 May 2006 (PDT)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.